The Northern Mindanao Consortium for Health Research and Development (NorMinCoHRD) is one of the regional health research consortia of the country under the Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS). NorMinCoHRD was established in 2011 through the initiative and support of the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD). The consortium is sealed by a Memorandum of Agreement entered into by the various national government line agencies (NGAs), state universities and colleges (SUCs), private higher education institutions (HEIs), hospitals, local government unit (LGUs) and non-government organizations (NGOs) that have shared goals in finding solutions to health and nutrition problems besetting the region through research and development (R&D) activities.
Currently, the consortium has 15 active member-institutions, namely;
- Bukidnon State University (BukSU)
- Cagayan de Oro College-Phinma Network (COC-Phinma)
- Capitol University (CU)
- Central Mindanao University (CMU)
- Iligan Medical Center College (IMCC)
- Liceo de Cagayan University (LdCU)
- Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT)
- Mountain View College (MVC)
- Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan (XU-Ateneo de Cagayan)
- Commission on Higher Education (CHEd)
- Department of Health-X (DOH-X)
- Department of Science and Technology-X (DOST-X)
- National Economic and Development Authority-X (NEDA-X)
- Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC)
- LGU – Cagayan de Oro City (LGU-CDO)
A dynamic and credible consortium for health research and development and a catalyst for the improvement of the quality of life.
NorMinCoHRD is committed to improve quality of life by setting directions and influencing policies through the conduct of priority health research and development (R&D), capacity building, sustained linkages, and effective dissemination and utilization of research results.
Honesty, Integrity, Quality, Commitment, Innovation, Excellence, Ethics, Dynamism
The primary objective of the NorMinCoHRD is to strengthen the system of collaboration in Northern Mindanao to develop and enhance the capacity of the institutions within the region engaged in and which have interest in health research, as a strategy to improve the health conditions of its people.
Specifically, the consortium aims to:
- Identify priority regional health problems for research.
- Identify and implement priority research programs and projects identified as priority health problems.
- Develop and/or enhance health research and development activities.
- Establish a system of collaboration and resource sharing in undertaking health researches.
- Generate resources for health and health-related researches consistent with the national and regional research agenda.
- Develop capability in human resources, facilities and other infrastructure for health and health-related researches.
- Promote the utilization of health research findings.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for al health and health-related researches.
- Develop mechanisms and implement strategies to ensure long-term viability of the NorMinCoHRD.